This Reverse Trade Mission (RTM) will introduce high-level representatives from Malawi's electric power sector to state-of-the-art U.S. technologies, equipment, and services, as well as policies, regulations, and financing mechanisms that can support the modernization of Malawi's power sector. Delegates will include:
- Ben Botolo, Principal Secretary, Ministry of Natural Resources, Energy and Mines
- Lewis Mhango, Deputy Director of Energy Affairs, Ministry of Natural Resources, Energy and Mines
- George Kanthiti, Chief Investment Promotion Officer, Ministry of Trade and Industry
- John Kandulu, CEO, Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi
- Lameck Nchembe, Director of Planning and Development, Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi
- Everson Sitolo, Director of Corporate Services, Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi
- Susan Banda, CEO, Millennium Challenge Account – Malawi
- Felix Nkhoma, Infrastructure Director, Millennium Challenge Account – Malawi
- Chancellor Laison Kaferapanjira, CEO, Malawi Confederation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Ellias Hausi, Director of Finance and Administration, Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority
- Eunice Potani, Director, Economic Regulation, Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority
The RTM will support the implementation of the $350.7 million Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Compact with the Government of Malawi, foster the implementation of power projects in Malawi that will build upon the MCC-Malawi Compact (including the $84.7 million World Bank Energy Support Project), and encourage the participation of U.S. companies in Malawi's power sector. The visit will include a Business Briefing at USTDA's headquarters on Tuesday, September 30, 2014. The Business Briefing will provide U.S. companies with detailed information about upcoming procurements and other opportunities to participate in the reshaping of Malawi's power sector. The visit will also include participation in the World Energy Engineering Congress (WEEC) annual conference, as well as other meetings and site visits in Washington DC, Miami FL and Atlanta GA.
For more information about how your company can participate in this RTM, please contact Lois Varrick of CORE International via email email@example.com or via telephone at (301) 476-0889 ext. 101.