Goal of the Project
The Government of Benin, acting through the Millennium Challenge Account-Benin II (MCA Entity) is seeking bidders qualified and interested to submit their best offer to strengthen and rehabilitate the Regional Electricity Distribution Network and Cotonou-Lines.
The MCA Entity is looking for a bidder to complete the following four lots:
- Lot A, representing the design and construction of 33 kV lines at the regional level (lines concerning Natitingou, Bérincigou, Djougou and Parakou);
- Lot B, representing the design and construction of 63 and 15 kV lines in Cotonou (concerns lines between Vèdoko, Gbedjromèdo, Red Cross, Cim Benin and Akpakpa);
- Lot C, representing the design and construction of the 63 and 15 kV lines at Cotonou (the lines between Vèdoko, Airport, Fidjrossè, Ancien Pont and Akpakpa);
- Lot D, representing the design and construction of 63 kV lines around Cotonou (concerns lines between Cim Benin, Sèmè and Tanzoun).
Bidders may submit an offer for one or more lots at a time.
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the Government of Benin entered into a Millennium Challenge Compact for MCA assistance. This compact, worth $375,000,000, is meant to help facilitate poverty reduction through economic growth in Benin. Within this compact, the MCA Entity is developing the Benin Power Program, which consists of four (4) projects:
- Policy Reform and Institutional Strengthening Project
- Electricity Generation Project
- Electricity Distribution Project
- Off-grid Electricity Access Project
MCC’s assistance will be aimed towards improving the reliability and quality of power in Benin. This specific invitation for bids is part of the Compact Electricity Distribution Project. The program will be executed over a period of five (5) years, which started in June 22, 2017.
Click here for more information.
Proposal Deadline: June 18, 2019
Point of Contact:
Address of MCA-Benin II: Benin II
Millennium Challenge Account (MCA-Benin II),
Attention: Procurement Agent,
95, rue 5.073, Zongo Nima
Kougblénou Building, 3rd Floor,
OCBN Estate Behind the Compagnie Territoriale de Gendarmerie du Littoral